I was born in Milano (Italy) on February the 15th, 1994. I earned a B. Sc. in Psychology (2016, final grade 110/110 cum laude) and a M. Sc. in Neuropsychology (2018, final grade 110/110 cum laude) at the Department of Psychology of the University of Milano-Bicocca. From 2018 to 2019, I carried out a postgraduate training under the supervision of Prof. Vallar in which I designed and conducted experimental studies on both healthy subjects and neuropsychological patients. In the same year, I obtained a II level Master Degree in “Clinical Neuroscience: neuropsychological and neuromotor assessment, diagnosis and rehabilitation” at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan.
Currently, I am a PhD candidate in Psychology, Neuroscience and Data Science (XXXV cycle) at the Department of Brain and Behavioral Sciences of University of Pavia, under the supervision of Prof. Bottini. I am also has been nominated as “cultore della materia” (teaching assistant) in Psychobiology and Psychophysiology (M-PSI/02) in this same University.
My main research interests concern the sense of body ownership, in both healthy subjects and patients affected by neuropsychological syndrome, and his relationship with psychological and physiological functions. I am also interested in all the neuropsychological syndromes that disrupt spatial and body representation such as the Unilateral Spatial Neglect syndrome. In this regard, I developed an expertise concerning one of the most promising technique in ameliorating Neglect symptoms, prism adaptation. Finally, I am also passionate about brain stimulation techniques, such as TMS and tDCS, and their possible application, alone or combined with other techniques, on neuropsychological patients.
Poster and oral Presentation:
1. Crivelli D., Terruzzi S., Pisoni A., Mattavelli G., Romero Lauro L.,Bologini N. and Vallar G. “The role of the right posterior parietal cortex in prism adaptation and in the development of aftereffects: a rTMS study”, 6th Science Factory: TMS–EEG, Aalto university, may 18-23 2018, School of Science in Espoo, Finland
2. Crivelli D., Terruzzi S., Pisoni A., Mattavelli G., Romero Lauro L.,Bologini N. and Vallar G. “The role of the right posterior parietal cortex in prism adaptation and in the development of aftereffects: a rTMS study”, 4th International Meeting of NeuroMI “Brain Stimulation and Brain Plasticity: from Basic Research to Clinical Practice” ,21-23 November 2018, Milan, Italy.
3. Terruzzi S., Crivelli D., Alberto Pisoni, Mattavelli G., Romero Lauro L., Bolognini N., Vallar G. “Il ruolo della corteccia parietale posteriore destra (rPPC) nella procedura di adattamento e negli effetti postumi da essa indotti: uno studio rTMS”, VII Congresso della Societ Italiana di Neuropsicologia, November 23-24 2018, Rome, Italy.
4. Vallar G. & Crivelli D., “Left neglect dyslexia, unilateral spatial neglect and the effects of physiological stimulations”, Word recognition, Morphology and Lexical reading: a Research Conference in honour of Cristina Burani, 7th June 2019, Rome, Italy.
5. Terruzzi S., Crivelli D., Campana E., Pisoni A., Romero Lauro L., Bolognini N., Vallar G., “Exploring the spatial frames (and time course) of Prism Adaptation. An egocentric process?”, 7th scientific meeting of the Federation of the European Societies of Neuropsychology (FESN), September 5-7 2019, Milan, Italy
6. Crivelli D., Terruzzi S., Pisoni A., Mattavelli G., Romero Lauro L., Bologini N. and Vallar G., “Visuo-motor adaptation to a prism-induced displacement of spatial vision, and its aftereffects: the role of the posterior parietal cortex”, 7th scientific meeting of the Federation of the European Societies of Neuropsychology (FESN), September 5-7 2019, Milan, Italy
1. Vallar G. and Crivelli D., “Left Neglect Dyslexia, Unilateral Spatial Neglect and the effects of sensory and transcranial stimulations”, in “Word Recognition, Morphology and Lexical Reading. Essays in Honour of Cristina Burani” (2019), College Publications, uk
1. Stefano Terruzzi*; Damiano Crivelli*; Alberto Pisoni; Giulia Mattavelli; Leonor Josefina Romero Lauro; Nadia Bolognini; Giuseppe Vallar., “The role of the right posterior parietal cortex in prism adaptation and its aftereffects.”; Neuropsychologia; Revised manuscript submitted and currently under review; *ST and DC are joint first authors of the study
2. Valeria Peviani; Gerardo Salvato; Fabrizio Pasotti; Damiano Crivelli; Gabriella Bottini., “The intrinsic semantic content of task stimuli affects graphic confabulation severity: insights from a single case with vascular dementia”, Neurocase, currently under review
3. Crivelli Damiano; Polimeni Elisa; Crotti Daniele; Bottini Gabriella; Salvato Gerardo., “Bilateral skin temperature drop and warm sensibility decrease following modulation of body part ownership through mirror-box illusion.”, Cortex, currently under review