Psychologist – Neuropsychologist
Cognitive and Behavioral Psychotherapist
Since 2002 consultant as Clinical Neuropsychologist and Cognitive and Behavioral Psychotherapist at the Cognitive Neuropsychology Center – Neuroscience Department, ASST Grande Ospedale Metropolitano Niguarda
Since November 2013, teaching assitant in Neuropsychology and Physiological Psychology, at University of Pavia – Department of Brain and Behavioral Sciences
Main activities and resposabilities:
- Cognitive and behavioural assessment of patients with different type of degenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer disease and other different brain disorders such as traumatic brain injury.
- Assessment of emotional aspects of neurological and psychiatric disorders with the aid of a broad spectrum of neuropsychological tests for the evaluation of the different cognitive functions.
- Participation in different researches in cognitive and behavioural group therapy and prolonged grief disorder in caregiver of patients with Alzheimer Disease and other dementias. Use of the EMDR technique for the reduction of caregivers’ distress and Principal Investigator of the project “Effectiveness and applicability of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Integrative Group Treatment Protocol (EMDR-IGTP) for the reduction of psychological distress in caregiver of patients with dementia. A single-blind, randomized controlled trial”.
- Participation in several neuroimaging research projects and multicenter clinical experimental trials, on Alzheimer Disease and other neurodegenerative disorders, with the acquisition of international certifications for the administration of behavioural scales and automated data entry and ICH-GCP courses (International Conference on Harmonisation for Good Clinical Practices).
- Tutor for Psychology students in General and Experimental Area and in Clinical Area.
- G.Bottini, S. Passoni, A. Sedda, “Fragilità della malattia di Alzheimer nell’emergenza clinica: difficoltà del paziente e ruolo del caregiver”, Libellula Edizioni, 2012.
- Passoni, T. Curinga, A. Toraldo, M. Berlingeri, I. Fernandez, G.Bottini, “Preliminary results of a randomized controlled trial about the effectiveness of eye movement desensitization and reprocessing integrative group treatment protocol (EMDR-IGTP) for the reduction of psychological distress in caregiver of patients with dementia” Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, 2016, 53: S25.
- Passoni, A. Toraldo, B. Villa, G.Bottini, “Prolonged grief in caregivers of patients with dementia living in the community dwelling” American Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias, 2015 Mar; 30(2):192-200.
- Passoni, L. Moroni, A. Toraldo, M. Mazzà, G. Bertolotti, N. Vanacore, G.Bottini, “Cognitive behavioral group intervention for Alzheimer caregivers” Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord. 2014; Jul-Sep;28(3):275-82.
- Bottini, M. Berlingeri, S. Basilico, S. Passoni, L. Danelli, N. Colombo, M. Sberna, M. Franceschi, R. Sterzi, E. Paulesu, “GOOD or BAD responder? Behavioural and neuroanatomical markers of clinical response to donepezil in dementia” Behav Neurol 2012; 25(2): 61-72.
- Sedda, S. Passoni, G. Bottini, “Perseverations and Non Verbal Confabulations on the Rey-Osterrieth Complex Figure Test in a Fronto-Temporal Dementia single case study” Neurocase. 2012; 18(5): 366-76.
- Passoni, M. Mazzà, G. Zanardi, G. Bottini, “Livelli del burden in caregiver di pazienti con malattia di Alzheimer” G Ital Med Lav Ergon. 2010; 32(3): B37-42.